The Week Ahead: Canadian bank annual meetings, Trump meets Chinese President
Key meetings happening in the financial sector that could have direct impact on the real estate market.
Here are some of the notable scheduled events for next week.
Monday, April 3
– Notable data: ISM U.S. manufacturing index, U.S. construction spending
– Bank of Canada releases business outlook survey (10 a.m. ET).
– Automakers report monthly sales
– Richmond Fed President Jeffrey Lacker delivers speech (5 p.m. ET).
Tuesday, April 4
– Notable data: Canadian trade balance, U.S. trade balance, U.S. factory orders
– Notable earnings: HBC
– Bank of Nova Scotia holds annual general meeting in Toronto (9 a.m. ET).
– BMO Financial Group holds annual general meeting in Toronto (9:30 a.m. ET).
– Fed Governor Daniel Tarullo delivers speech (4:30 p.m. ET).
– JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon releases annual letter.
Wednesday, April 5
– Notable data: ISM U.S. services index
– Notable earnings: Monsanto
– U.S. Federal Reserve releases the minutes from its last meeting.
Thursday, April 6
– Notable data: Canadian building permits
– Notable earnings: Corus Entertainment, Cogeco, Postmedia, Constellation Brands
– CIBC holds annual general meeting in Ottawa (9:30 a.m. ET).
– RBC holds annual general meeting in Toronto (9:30 a.m. ET).
– Donald Trump starts two-day meeting with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Mar-a-Lago in Florida.
– Justin Trudeau attends Women in the World Summit in New York.
– Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi delivers speech in Toronto (8 a.m. ET).
Friday, April 7
– Notable data: Canadian labour force survey, U.S. non-farm payrolls
– Bank of Canada holds ceremony unveiling commemorative bank note for Canada 150 (10 a.m. ET).
– Economic Club holds panel in Toronto on “Navigating the Trump Era” (12 p.m. ET).