Hollyburn launches #WhyWeRent contest
It’s time to sharpen your selfie game for a chance to win a $5,000 furniture package to The Brick AND two months FREE rent, plus other incredible prizes, through Hollyburn Properties Limited’s nation-wide Instagram contest, #WhyWeRent.
The property management leader is determined to raise awareness and eliminate the stigma surrounding long-term renting as a lifestyle choice, after they recognized an overall increased desire for convenience, affordability, and adventure from residents. This recently established sharing-economy is also evident in the successes of companies capitalizing on the desirability of renting vs. buying, such as: Car 2 Go, We Work, and Spotify.
The #WhyWeRent campaign aims to shed light on this new perspective by highlighting the benefits of renting long-term, such as flexibility, affordability, and pricing protection. In a time when the Canadian housing market is incredibly competitive and expensive, complete with high valuations, rising interest rates, tougher mortgage rules, and new taxes, renting can be a positive lifestyle decision rather than a stepping stone to homeownership for many people.
Success is no longer solely determined by monetary or material possessions, as it has progressed to include life experiences, travel, memories and overall happiness as well. Therefore, Hollyburn wants to work together with Canadian renters and re-define “success,” by collecting Instagram images that capture the core concepts of the sharing-economy, while also providing insight to the advantages of renting long-term.
The imagery could be myth-busting misconceptions about renting or sharing opportunities that evolved from the decision to rent long-term. For example, a participant could share a photo about how they made their apartment feel like “home,” by snapping a pic of their design concept or DIY project and captioning it, “I rent because I can personalize my space without worrying about added maintenance fees.” Another example is sharing a photo from a recent vacation or experience, that was made possible due to the decision to rent. This photo could be captioned: “I rent because I want to keep exploring new neighbourhoods, cities, and even countries!”
Get your camera’s ready, as the Hollyburn #WhyWeRent campaign launches on August 15th, 2018 and will be open for submissions until September 30th, at 11:59pm PST. The winners will be determined by a panel of judges, based on photo quality, caption relevance, and overall post success; they will be announced the week of October 15th.
How to Enter:
1. Post a photo on Instagram showing Hollyburn why you rent.
- Make sure you follow and tag @hollyburnproperties
- Use the hashtag #WhyWeRent
2. Complete the Entry Confirmation Form on the Hollyburn website to ensure they have a record of your entry and can contact you if you win!
1. Grand prize: A $5,000 Brick furniture package and two months free rent (1)
2. Secondary prizes: Three $500 gift cards for a service of your choice (2)
Hollyburn Properties Limited is an established property management, real estate investment, and purpose-built rental development company servicing four cities within three Canadian provinces, including: Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Ottawa. The industry leader has an impressive commercial and residential portfolio counting nearly 100 rental communities and over 5,600 suites nationwide. Hollyburn continues to re-define the property management industry through their constant professionalism and dedication to service, quality and commitment.
(1) Free rent is only eligible up to $5000 maximum and must be a qualified Hollyburn resident. Grand prize winners that are not currently Hollyburn residents must apply, qualify and move into a Hollyburn property to receive two months free rent. If the winner is not a current Hollyburn resident, they are still eligible for the $5000 furniture package to The Brick.
(2) VISA, MasterCard, AMEX or other pre-paid credit card gift cards are not available for secondary prize winners.
Olivia Brown | PR & Communications Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 604.662.7345 ext. 152
Fax: 604.662.7355 | www.hollyburn.com
Vancouver > Calgary > Toronto > Ottawa
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram